psDooM project is a process monitor and manager for *nix systems.
It could be considered a graphical interface to the 'ps', 'renice', and 'kill' commands. psDooM is based on XDoom, which is based on id Software's 'Doom'.
This project started out as a proof-of-concept program for the web page "Doom as a tool for system administration" at http://www.cs.unm.edu/~dlchao/flake/doom by Dennis Chao at the University of New Mexico.
Dennis took the GPL'd sources of XDoom and added code so that processes running on the system would be instantiated as monsters, and wounding and killing them corresponds to renicing and killing the processes.
What's New in This Release:
· Changed shell scripts in 'contrib' dir to shorten command length when displayed with 'ps'.
· Use ~/.psdoom rather than ~/.xdoom for savegames, config files, etc.
· Users need to copy current .doomrc and .xdlaunchrc files to ~/.psdoom.
· Added references to psDooM in startup header text, X resources, and window title bar.
· Modified xdlaunch (ps-xdlaunch) to run ps-xdoom.
· Added ability to pass psDooM-specific command line flags to ps-xdoom through ps-xdlaunch.
Download and use it now: psDooM 2000.05.03.b free download
Related programsOur Recommendations
BitNami X2CRM is an open source application that greatly simplifies the deployment of the X2CRMDownload
Flex is widely known as the fast lexical analyser, it is an open source, 100% free andDownload
SavePlaylist is an Amarok script, useful if your desktop sometimes crashes and you don't want toDownload
wmtz displays the time in different time zones as defined in it's configuration file. wmtz can alsoDownload
Algorithm::PageRank::XS is a Perl module that implements a simple PageRank algorithm in C. TheDownload
LindyFrame is an open source graphical software written in the Java programming language andDownload
Serial Letter is a Thunderbird extension that will inject a new functionality, allowing users toDownload
KMyReciter is a simple software for reciting words.Instructions:1. Install libqstardict fromDownload
PriceDrop is a Firefox extension which helps you track Amazon.com product prices and getDownload