GTKis a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK is suitable for projects ranging from small one-off projects to complete application suites.
GTK is free software and part of the GNU Project. However, the licensing terms for GTK , the GNU LGPL, allow it to be used by all developers, including those developing proprietary software, without any license fees or royalties.
GTK is based on three libraries developed by the GTK team:
- GLib is the low-level core library that forms the basis of GTK and GNOME. It provides data structure handling for C, portability wrappers, and interfaces for such runtime functionality as an event loop, threads, dynamic loading, and an object system.
- Pango is a library for layout and rendering of text, with an emphasis on internationalization. It forms the core of text and font handling for GTK -2.0.
- The ATK library provides a set of interfaces for accessibility. By supporting the ATK interfaces, an application or toolkit can be used with such tools as screen readers, magnifiers, and alternative input devices.
GTK has been designed from the ground up to support a range of languages, not only C/C . Using GTK from languages such as Perl and Python (especially in combination with the Glade GUI builder) provides an effective method of rapid application development.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· 563002 Doesn't call 'update-preview' on set_filename
· 609622 disappearing statusicon
· 613728 Rationalize GtkTreeView focus
· 624025 gdk_draw_rectangle bogged down by ColorSync
· 629722 save_entry_get_info_cb() doesn't behave correctly
· 630962 double click isn't catched
· 631332 gdk_pixmap_create_from_data();
· 631473 Fix GTK+3 documentation
· 631872 Please ship modules/input/README.multipress in tarballs
· 632894 Only show Desktop in file chooser button if there is one
· British English
· Catalan (Valencian)
· Traditional Chinese
Download and use it now: GTK+ 2.22.1 free download
Related programsOur Recommendations
A lightweight desktop environment for various Linux and UNIX-like operating systemsDownload
Cleveland Indians is a Google Chrome and Firefox theme especially designed for serious IndiansDownload
Clonator ICON is a service menu for KDE which can make easy clone, delete and view the icons inDownload
N-View is a network monitor for small and medium-sized networks. N-View features automatic scanningDownload
VueScan is a commercial and cross-platform software that lets users get the most out of theirDownload
Transcode is an open source command-line software that contains a collection of tools forDownload
DictEm is an extremely customizable DICT client for (X)Emacs. DictEm implements all functions ofDownload
Spline is a software which is able to interpolate an Akima-spline through a series of given points.Download
ProGuard is an open source, free, platform-independent graphical application written in the JavaDownload