Download Upstart 1.5
We did not scan Upstart 1.5 for viruses, adware, spyware or other type of malware. For your own protection it's recommended to have an updated antivirus installed on your computer when downloading and installing programs from freesoftware0.
freesoftware0 lists downloads from various software publishers, so if you have a question regarding a particular software contact the publisher directly. The download links for Upstart 1.5 are provided to you by freesoftware0 without any warranties, representations or gurantees of any kind, so download at your own risk.
Upstart project is an event-based replacement for the /sbin/init daemon which handles starting of tasks and services during boot, stopping them during shutdown and supervising them while the system is running.
It is being developed for the Ubuntu distribution, but is intended to be suitable for deployment in all Linux distributions as a replacement for the venerable sysvinit package.
Here are some key features of "Upstart":
· Tasks and Services are started and stopped by events
· Events are generated as tasks and services are run and stopped
· Events may also be generated at timed intervals, or when files are changed
· Events may be received from any other process on the system
· Services may be respawned if they die unexpectedly
· Bi-directional communication with init daemon to discover which jobs are running, why jobs failed, etc.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Lots of "console log" improvements (and new tests).
· New 'early logging' facility which allows jobs that end before the log disk is writeable to have their output peristed to disk when the disk later becomes writeable.
· Upstart is now able to detect jobs which leak file descriptors: a message is generated when run with debug enabled ('--debug' / "initctl log-priority debug").
· New "usage" stanza which allows instance jobs to display a usage message explaining how job should be started. The usage is displayed when the user has not specified the correct variables to allow the job to be started, or when the user queries the usage using "initctl usage ".
Related programsOur Recommendations
Debea Database Access Library is a collection of interfaces that allows you to map C++ objects toDownload
collective.recipe.backup is a wrapper around the bin/repozo script in your zope buildout. ItDownload
yape is a (yet another) property editor for qt4. This property editor is similar with qt's designerDownload
You are Cat God! Using various God Powers, prevent the Sun King's minions from completing theDownload
Choose your vehicle and draw a line which they have to follow. Be careful because your vehicle mustDownload
django-authopenid is a Django plugin with openid using django auth contrib. This applicationDownload
JackMiniMix is a simple mixer for the Jack Audio Connection Kit with an OSC based controlDownload
Magda project is a graph drawing application.Magda (Magda Aesthetic Graph Drawing Application) isDownload
Try to combine two of the same blocks, in this online game.About Google ChromeGoogle Chrome is aDownload